- Antichrist: Chronicles of a Psychosis Foretold | Senses of Cinema – "Not surprisingly, Lars von Trier’s film has divided opinion. Nor is there much consensus on how best to interpret this tale of grief, pain, and despair. Daniel Vilensky comes at this most enigmatic of films from a range of critical angles."
- Orson Welles – Painter | Senses of Cinema – "Citizen Kane, rightly so, owes much of its fame to its deep-focus effects, but Orson Welles’ staging of shots also points to a whole host of pictorial references. Michael Riedlinger’s analysis uncovers Welles’ ‘painterly’ eye for composition."
- Godard’s Comic Strip Mise-en-Scène | Senses of Cinema – "Taking the three films Made in USA, La Chinoise and Tout va bien as a focus, Drew Morton looks at how Jean-Luc Godard (and Jean-Pierre Gorin in the latter case) engaged with the art of the comic strip."
- Notes on Some Limits of Technicolor: The Antonioni Case | Senses of Cinema – "Whilst looking at the long and illustrious history of Technicolor films, Murray Pomerance uncovers the remarkable uses Michelangelo Antonioni put the Technicolor process through in his 1964 Red Desert and beyond."
- 40 Beautiful Typography Tutorials | dpxmag.com –
- 50 Free Resources Of Hand Drawing Style Icons, Brushes, Textures and Fonts @ SmashingApps –
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
Categories: The RoundupTags: academic, Antichrist, Citizen_Kane, delicious, design, Film, icons, Jean-Luc_Godard, Lars_von_Trier, La_Chinoise, Made_in_USA, Michelangelo_Antonioni, mise-en-scene, Orson_Welles, reference, resources, Senses_of_Cinema, Technicolor, Tout_va_bien, tutorials, typography