Okay, Grey’s Anatomy has hit my top-five most addictive shows ever. I finished S2 on DVD last week, and started watching the S3 eps I’ve been taping all year on Friday. Now I’m caught up. That’s basically fourteen episodes in three days. I COULD NOT TURN IT OFF. And now I’m caught up, and I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY. I love TV marathons. :) And I can finally talk about Grey’s now that I’m caught up, which is very exciting to me. I know some of y’all watch it. So come on, talk to me. I will use bullet points.
- Meredith – I like Meredith. I don’t love Meredith. I think I’ve picked up from various fandom areas that she’s not a terribly popular character, but then, a lot of main characters aren’t for some reason (e.g., Buffy Summers was rarely people’s favorite Buffy character). She shouldn’t have given Finn the boot, though. On the other hand, if she doesn’t want him, I’ll take him. I do really like the name Meredith, though, for some reason.
- Derek – Meh. He’s sort of an arrogant jerk. At least he seems somewhat less of an arrogant jerk since Mark showed up, by pure virtue of comparison. But I’m not a huge fan of Derek’s. He’s not even really THAT hot. I mean, he’s a’ight.
- Cristina – Cristina rocks. She’s so very direct, and while I don’t always particularly like that in real people, I love it in TV characters. So while I don’t LOVE Cristina, I love her interactions with everyone else.
- Izzie – Now, I LOVE Izzie. She’s probably my favorite character. When Denny died, I cried for like half an hour. She’s like Willow…when she cries, the world falls apart. Except in the scene where she deposits the check. That was pretty fake.
- George – I love George. I can’t imagine not loving George. He’s just so…George.
- Addison – I also love Addison. Honestly, I like Meredith, as I have said, but I can’t really imagine choosing Meredith over Addison. But then, Derek and I are clearly not on the same wavelength, so. On the other hand, I want to hit her right now, because she’s apparently still dabbling with Mark. But, see, if I didn’t care about her so much, I wouldn’t care so much about her continuing to engage in self-destructive behavior, now would I?
- Mark – Grr. He’s probably the best-looking person on the show, I’ll definitely grant you that. McSteamy indeed. But he’s a TOTAL JERK. I really, intensely dislike him. But I think I’m supposed to. Yep, I’m definitely playing right into the showrunner’s hands. Oh, well.
- Burke – Like, not love.
- Alex – Eh, I go back and forth. Sometimes he’s a jerk, but sometimes he’s surprisingly nice. I definitely don’t want any of my girls hooking up with him anymore, though. Not Izzie, not Addison (!), not anyone.
- Bailey – LOVE Bailey. She’s the awesomest Nazi ever. (Um, if you don’t watch the show, I don’t mean she’s an actual Nazi–that’s her nickname, because she’s strict. But she’s also amazingly empathetic at times.)
- Callie – I don’t really know her well enough yet to say. I sort of like her, but I’m not particularly happy about her being with George. And now she’s REALLY with George. Yeah. Anyway. I think the thing that really bothers me about her is the way she was introduced…like, we never saw her in the first season and a half, and then all of a sudden they need an ortho surgeon all the time? Just a little convenient.
What am I gonna do until Thursday when I get more doctor!crack? Oh, right. Study. Darn.